Thank you Christy Lau for tagging me.
Originator of this tag: Jamie
Answer the questions, give credit to the creator, tag five people or more, and have fun!
1. Where do you typically write your blog posts?
I write my notes and the beginnings of the posts on my phone using Evernote. This can be anywhere. A lot of writing gets done lunchtime at work. Then I clean up and finish off the post using my stationary laptop at my desk at home.
2. How long does it take you to write a book review?
I make notes while I’m reading, so the actual writing does not take that long. Let’s say about an hour. It’s the illustrations I do with the reviews that take the largest chunk of time. It takes me about six hours from start to finish for a simple picture. I’m quite slow in that respect and I’m trying to get faster.
3. When did you start your book blog?
January 2018. It’s still a baby blog.
4. What is the worst thing about having a book blog?
Getting behind schedule. And all the weird spam comments you get. Like random stories about siblings getting a present or something. It’s almost sinister in its weirdness.
5. What is the best thing about having a book blog?
Connecting with a wide variety of people all over the world.
6. Which blog post have you had the most fun writing?
It was quite a lot of fun doing the Zombie Apocalypse Book Tag, although I think it’s only fun if you know all the characters. And also the post: Resources for readers who want to be writers. Clunky name, but I liked sharing all the resources I’ve found last year. I’ve founded more since then and will probably do a part two eventually.
7. What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
No clear favourites just yet, time will tell.
8. When do you typically write?
Lunchtime at work, in the evenings after eight or over the weekend.
9. How do you write your book reviews? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix?
With rooibos tea and something sugary to keep me awake. I’m obsessed with rainbow cake sprinkles. Vanilla ice-cream with a heavy helping of rainbow vermicelli.
10. How often do you post?
I try to do Sundays and Wednesdays, but sometimes I fall behind.
I’d like to tag:
- Dee from Under the Midnight Sky
- Stephanie from Stephanie’s Book Reviews
- Ruby from Ruby Rae Reads
- Pearl from Pearl Bayou
- Moonlight Books